Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm not much of a joiner but.....







I can be a bit of an artistic loner, but the great painter Kent Williams asked me to participate in a group show he was curating at Merry Karnowsky Gallery in LA. The opening was crazy/crowded and looked great. Most of the artists work in a brooding figurative style, so I was a little bit of an oddball with my saturated color. It was a thrill to find that Peter Liashkov, an influential teacher of mine at Art Center was in the show. One of my favorite former students of from AC, Sara Escamilla showed some haunting and sensitive sculpture. It's fun playing in a different sandbox. Thanks Kent.

Pictured are;
"Bearded" 2009, oil on panel, 25"x23"
"2 Beards" 2009, oil on panel, 60'x48"

and the invitation featuring Kent Williams' work.

Merry Karnowsky Gallery
170 S. La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90036
www.mkgallery.com

4 comments:

  1. Well hellllooooooooo. Beards say you? Indubitably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well helllloooooooo to you as well my beardless friend. I find our separation excruciatingly painful ...... quite a trial. Indubitably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are truly wonderful...well done!

    ReplyDelete